Tuesday, September 30, 2008

when flying was a dream

The Worst of Meeting You

Once again I stand at the crossroads going nowhere
Nothing much accomplished, nothing left to do
Funny how just when I knew I found direction
Moving forward was not the choice you gave me
Now l see that life is just happenstance.
Reckon that was the worst of meeting you.

Looking back at the road that I have traveled
It has been a one way street, no turning round
Every milestone another dream’s epitaph
Lives lost and paths not chosen now clearly seen
Now I have to face just how much I never found.
Reckon that was the worst of meeting you.

When first we met I knew you were a teacher
And thought it was for me that you were sent
Standing on life’s edge I saw the view
Now you say me that for me it was
Something borrowed not given, nothing meant.
Reckon that was the worst of meeting you.

Time drives yet another nail into the coffins of the past
Friends and fellow travellers failed along the way
Hoped still to redress ancient wrongs
Say I’m sorry; make up for things left unsaid
Well, now I know I can’t try change yesterday.
Reckon that was the worst of meeting you.

When you came I hoped to learn and understand,
Seemed like life was new, the roads went ever onward
But as I got near I found they were only rainbows
And you faded into the sun, leaving only dust
But for a short while I grew wings, I almost flew,
Reckon that was the best of meeting you.

No comments: