Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Indian Boy's Birthday


Two days married in the Land Of His Blood
Denied by his family, misunderstood
Standing alone with a brand new bride
How much I missed being there
How much I cried.
Destiny decrees our paths and our lives
But sadness still crawls in and clutches
With cold fingers around the heart
And the tears flow unheeded
At being apart.

But a few short hours ago it eased
The good times came back
And the strength that he gave me
Through all the times of adversity
Now I can thank Destiny.

I drive the car, see eagles in flight
Say the prayer that he taught me
Whisper Om Mani Peme Hung
Now he's gone is the time
They get done.

The friends I have made
The strength they impart
Being there and holding the space
Respecting and easing the pain
I thank them from my heart.
Today on his new day, 30 at last
Starting a new life so far away
Memories come crowding the mind
There are things he will smile at
Now lost in the past.

So thanks for the love and thanks for the time
Two years went too quickly
Who could have known
The heartache, the laughter
Would leave one so alone.

Yes, the smile is now bittersweet
But now no longer the tears
The joy freely given, lasting for years
A gift beyond price
In this lifetime and and all others
We are destined to meet.



2 comments:

*LillaVi* said...

hello ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy B'day to your son!