Monday, December 15, 2008

Living in the Place Between

It is an entrancing, magic place, the Place Between
Shelter from the world that is and what might have been
Neutral in the nicest way – going neither forward, nor back
Life in perfect harmony, equilibrium and equanimity know no lack.
There I let my spirit heal – deep and dark in the Place Between.

One can sit and watch the ebb and flow
All things come in here and just as swiftly go
Life’s traffic moving through, hastening on its way
Unaware of the secret place where movement has no sway
Every thought or action can be hostage to the Place Between.

I watch as others catch themselves and then fall
Sooner or later the Place Between claims them all
Surrounded in my haven by translucent memory
I watch them and wait till comes the day when they are free
But I will just stay here, the freedom of moving on does not appeal to me.

The things we left undone or thought we wanted to be
Live here in this place, stopped in flight for perhaps eternity
In the day to day not quite content, lives incomplete abound
But in this land of might have been true solace is to be found
Yes, in the Place Between I can hear the Universe’s timeless sound.

I connect at last with might have been
Pay homage to the mysterious great unseen
Laugh at the memory of things long past
Now free of the future, I’m home at last
In the Place Between this moment was all I asked.

No comments: