Friday, November 7, 2008

Lives Lived In the Rainbow


Lives lived in the Rainbow,
Dreams coasting on colours,
Hearts hostage to fortune,
Red, gold and green for you,
For me turquoise, indigo and blue
Destined to meet in Brigadoon.

The Rainbow walks in lands of dream,
Shifting, shimmering, faerie folk
Live in her ghostly colours,
Joined by those of us who meet
Only ever in the Rainbow’s sheen,
Hidden from the gaze of others.

The Rainbow moves and leaves the shadow,
Then quickly she glides from within the rain
Visible fleetingly to mere mortal eyes, and
Ever-shifting performs her dance across the land.
The artist’s soul soars on the wings of the rainbow
Delighting to be with the Faerie folk again.

Colour me with berries, red as the fire
Colour me with kumquats, orange as the sun
Colour me with honey, yellow as gold
Colour me with melons, green as the grass
Colour me with cornflowers, blue as the sky
Colour me with blueberries, indigo as the depths of the sea
Colour me with plums, violet as the amethyst,
Such is the Rainbow’s mantra, her softly whispered refrain.

Rainbow and her faerie folk laugh in the rain,
Dance in the sunlight, spreading her magic again
Oh how I long for the Rainbow to deck me in her hue
Cover me with colours, lose me in shades of blue
Circles red and yellow, those she’s keeping for you
Let’s meet in the Rainbow, fly on her wings
Live in the mystery, see what it brings.

No comments: