Friday, August 29, 2008

do you shop for peace........


It was winter in Delhi but the city was warm by our standards. We were in short sleeved shirts and everyone else in warm jackets. Delhi is a beautiful city, it took my heart the first time I landed at Indira Gandhi airport. The teeming crowds, the cacophony of people shouting, horns blaring and the hum of thousands of types of motorised transport assail the senses. I was struck by the order underlying the apparent chaos, how drivers gave way to each other without anger and how everything moved to a rythym redolent of the heart of India. Walking in the markets the first purchase had to be an Aum for my yoga teacher back home. This little stall with it's crowded, bright merchandise drew me in because the indigo called me to take part in it's richness. It was only when i saw this photo, I realised the indigo of my bag carried the colours across very harmoniously. Harmony is at the heart of India. I understood instinctively that this was the start of a personal Yatra that will last till the end of my time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi,
I use to read your comments on Justin's posts but reading your post today feels great. Being an Indian I thank you for your humble words.